Thursday, January 17, 2013

Liebster Love!


Thank you, Miss Gina, for this Liebster nomination!
And Thank you, belatedly, to Elle, who nominated me during a time I was not blogging....although her Liebster looked alot different from this one!
"The Liebster Blog Award is an award given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers, most of whom have less than 200 followers (or have been blogging for less than 6 months). It is to show newer bloggers that they are appreciated, and to help spread the word about new blogs. It was created to promote appreciation and recognition among the blog world. Liebster translates to “dearest” (or favorite/best) in German. It is also known as the Love Blog Award."

Along with this award come a few rules:
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given by the nominator.
3. Create 11 new questions for those you nominate.
4. Choose 11 new blogs (less than 200 followers or blogging for less than 6 months) and link to them in your post.

First the 11 questions from Gina:
1. What is your favorite thing about blogging? I like to share pictures...with my family and with bloggy passersby, and I like to look at my pictures against a blue background(?!).

2. What is your biggest sewing accomplishment so far? My greatest sewing accomplishment, hands down, was finishing my Anniversary quilt!

It is hand pieced and hand quilted, and I started it shortly after learning there was such a thing as a quilt!
or what is something you have mastered that you once dreaded sewing?
Participating in Jeni's Block of the Month has helped me with one of my all time favorites, Half Square Triangles...I could be happy the rest of my quilting life with nothing but HSTs, really! I've never dreaded them!

3. Why did you start a blog? I've started 3 blogs, and all for different reasons. The first "Prairie Patchworks", was started to showcase my barn quilts. The second "Zimmermans West" was meant to relieve me from having to write separate emails to family with pictures of our life in Montana. A one-stop shop for family and friends. "Here We Are" is still taking shape, but mostly snippets of my sewing, such as it is, and whatever takes my fancy in the mean time. I also keep track of songs I like to hear over and over on my sidebars...I don't have an Ipod or MP3 or the like.

4. Do you currently work in the field you were trained or studied to be in? As a stay at home mom, I guess the answer is yes...My Mom was a great teacher!

5. What is your favorite month of the year and why? October. My birthday, my husband's birthday, hunting season, pumpkins, fall colors, and the baring of the woods, always welcome to me.

6. What is your favorite color/color combo? Orange is my favorite color. Blue/Green is hands down my favorite color combo.

7. What do you like about where you live? I love a farm, with plenty of outbuildings, fields and hardwoods, old lilac bushes and a yard to mow. I love the familiarity of the southern Indiana hills and hardwoods, and the Ohio River and it's history and communities.


8. How long have you been sewing and why did you learn to sew? I have been sewing since 1986. My Mother In Law invited me to a quilting class at "Margie's Country Store" here in Madison, IN. Prior to this class, I was literally unconscious of the existence of quilts, with zero ambitions to sew! Of course at 23 years old, I was still unconscious of lots of things;)

9. Have you lived in other places (cities or countries) than where you live now? Yes, lots! Both growing up and as a married person. Born in Kansas > Madison, WI > Bozeman, MT > Williamsburg, VA > 20 years in and around Madison, IN > Collins, MT > Winnett, MT, and now Vevay, IN.


10. What is the best thing to happen in your life so far? Oh gosh! Being born again into the Body of Christ! Second best...marrying and loving my husband for 27 years! Cliche, but sooooo true!



11. How long did it take you to write your Liebster post? Inquiring minds want to know!?! DAYS! Most of the time just think, think, thinking!




11 Random Things About Me

1. To me, popcorn is a staple, not a snack.

2. For 15 years I owned and loved a horse named Dobie. A 26th birthday present from my hubby.

3. I much prefer "sounds of the day" to "background noise".

4. It was a "life moment" when I realized I just don't like carrot cake, and I can stop trying to!

5. Of my 8 pair of shoes, 4 are boots! Hmmm...

6. I went to camp with Julia Roberts and her sister, Lisa! And the year I was a counselor, she was one of the girls in my cabin! I will try and dig up a picture!...found one!



7. I love my slipper socks!

8. Good times with my mother usually involve cappacino and Pepperidge Farms cookies!




9. My vehicle of preference is a Jeep Cherokee.

10. My favorite M&Ms are the orange ones. When in high school, there was a group of us girls who would divide up any bag of M&Ms by color...I still remember who got what color!

11. I'm left-handed, too!


Now for 11 questions for 11 other bloggers....
This will take a little more doing, because I don't get around that much.......seriously!

****pssst: If you would like to receive the illustrious Liebster Award, please email me...It is fun! First 11 get the award!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Such a fun post to read Sarah!! Your Anniversary quilt is AMAZING!! We have lots in common and share the same birthday/favorite month.