Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Tuesday Tidbits

 Back in January I made a little "taggy comforter" for my niece's new baby, who is old enough now to enjoy it!  I'm told she will often just pull it over her head and "hang out" under it!  My niece has several friends expecting and since her baby loves the taggy so much, she asked if I would make a few more for her to give her friends.  It was so fun thinking of the wee ones that would be playing with them!
Wee M with her taggy :)


I used Sarah's Taggy Tutorial @ SewMe, except I used batting and backing for mine, instead of fleece.
At only 9" square, they are a good way to use scrap batting. 

We received this sweet parcel from Indiana, "soap savers", one for each of us...aren't they fun?!
Thank you so much, Miss Hannah! Can you guess which is mine?
                                              

And I finally made my very first lined drawstring bag, pattern by Jeni Baker :)
This will be included in the same Tennesee-bound package as the lil cowboy vest, for his sister :)
I used mini charms of "Color Me Happy" and "Marbles" from "PaintBox" by Cynthia Rowley 


I am sooo close to finishing the quilting on this lovely :) Can't wait to show off the back and binding too :)

and...another Chicken :)
see? any block is cute for these gals:)
 I <3 her!
See more chickens, and find out about The (Global!) Chicken Run giveaways with Avis @ OhSewTempting.  The next chicken is flying the coop from Virginia, soon! 

Hoosier Hannah bound :)

I hope you are enjoying a grace-full week!

linking up with BlossomHeartQuilts Sew Cute Tuesday :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I just made a "taggy" blanket for a friend's newborn. It was a kit I bought at Quilting Adventures. They included a variety of ribbons and pieces for the edges. I like your use of scraps, though. I'll try that next time.

Gina said...

you have been busy!! I love the fun taggy's!! Hope you had a nice Easter Sarah!!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Those Taggy Comforters look great - and the perfect way to use batting scraps as you said. Lots of creative activity at your place this week - enjoy!