Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Fourth Q4 Finish...Awesome, totally!

From my Q4 list:

It all began with my first online fabric purchase back in January of 2011!
2 charm packs (!) of Awesome by Sandy Gervais. Mmmmm, charm packs!!!
All I knew was that I wanted many many triangles.
By the time all was said and done, quite a bit more yardage had been acquired.
By mid October, I was on my way to a finished top! 

I knew nothing about trimming HSTs back then, so I consider it very good fortune that the quilt is as square and flat as it is...but the points don't match so well.
And so it has been folded up in a tub for the last several years, as I bought more fabric and made more quilts! I had originally wanted an orange fleece backing, but then changed my mind several times as I would see different fun quilting techniques, especially big stitch quilting with perle cottons.
But in the end, the big orange fleece won my heart back!!!
Of course, the binding had been in waiting as long as the top....
I have taken to basting my binding, to keep it from feeding unevenly as I sew it to the quilt.
Learned that little tip from Red Pepper Quilts :)

                       Simple pleasures...Happiness is orange thread
To machine bind, or not to machine bind?
Not to! :)

Finished the last stitch on this wonder-Fall quilt on Thanksgiving Day :) 

It has a wonderful drape and weight with the fleece backing...I am sure this will be a much-used favorite!

2 comments:

Miss Alissa said...

Looks so pretty and cozy!

Gina said...

I love fleece backed quilts and your quilt is perfectly fall!! You have been awesome with the finishes!!! Hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!