Monday, January 11, 2016

Q1 Finish Along 2016!

Woohoo! 
After missing out on a couple of the quarters of 2015, it is good to be back with several finish-able projects! Yay!

1.  "Prairie Point" I have the backing pieced and the batting in hand. There is a reason this is number one! I pieced this top last Fall, October/November...very excited to finish it up!

2.  Birthday Cushion for BIL Have had alleged cushions on the drawing board since his birthday last year. I am not waiting on our reunion for confabbing...have jumped in with what I know he will love! I worked on this New Years Day, and felt like a superstar doing it! Awesome free pattern by Alissa Haight-Carlton, Modern Circle Pillow. I just need to quilt this up and put the envelope back on it.

3.  2nd Birthday Cushion for BIL Twisted Craze free pattern from McCalls Quilting, by Tracee Doran I know he likes this one too..have done the math to downsize this pattern...if I am successful with this one too, I will be a legend in my own mind for sure *wink* I have the gray fabric, lack the the "light" fabric..thinking burnt orange
I think these will be quite complementary :) 
His birthday is in early February, wish me luck :)

4.  Great Grandmother's Dresdens 
I actually may finish this one. One of five tops I have made from 20 finished blocks from my Great Grandmother. Quilting is all but complete on the first one...so just acquire and apply binding :)


5.  Ben's Quilt  
Peaks and Paddocks, free pattern on Moda Bake Shop, by Cindy Sharp. Have decided I need one more column of blocks before adding borders.  I will back this with fleece, so once the additional blocks are made and added, this ought to finish pretty quickly :)

6.  Flowering Snowball  This is running in the far outside position! But, 3 months can be a longish time, and just maybe I will finish it! I have the batting and wonderful Carolina Gingham backing in hand, so I think I would be remiss if I didn't include this one longshot :)

I am linking up this quarter with Leanne @ She Can Quilt :)

2016 FAL

6 comments:

Debbie said...

ooh. What terrific projects. Love your cushion in the making! Good luck working thru your list! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts. This is gonna be fun!

Lara B. said...

Oh I would be sooo excited to have those projects lined up Sarah! I hope you succeed completely!
Those two pillows are going to be so cool!

Nicole said...

Great projects! Good luck with finishing!

Ada Plouvier-Kopitopoulou said...

Lovely project. Success!

Carla said...

Hi! Remember me!!??? I have been on a blog fast for so long and miss you Sarah. So glad to see your projects....the flowering snowball is my fav of your handiwork today!! Hope you finish every last one as they are all winners!

Granny Maud's Girl said...

I love the colours you chose for your flowering snowball. I knew red was going to feature in mine, but I adore the red, black and white with pops of aqua you chose.