Friday, June 23, 2017

Kiss Me In Santa Fe!

A cozy throw quilt for the newlyweds, my niece Julianne and Christopher!
Number 3 on my Q2 Finish Along list!
The top is made almost entirely with Me+You Indah Batiks. I discovered this beautiful range of fabrics last October at my LQS, Lewistown's Sew Pieceful!
With their gorgeous saturated hues, and modern patterns, I thought they were a no-brainer when it came time to shop for fabrics for this design!
                                                 

From our conversations about it, I knew Julianne wanted a quilt with Southwestern flavor.
 In addition to her love for the region, she and Christopher were engaged while on a trip to Santa Fe.
Originating from a few reference photos from Julianne, and my own search into Southwestern motifs, "Kiss Me in Santa Fe" is the final result of the best kind of quilter's play!
                                 
From notebook sketches, to fabric selections, all the maths, cutting and assembly strategies....this was my kind of fun from start to finish!
(A wee splash of Alison Glass!)
 My favorite parts of the design are the stripes! They came out exactly as I had envisioned, and hoped!
 The quilt is backed with cozy polar fleece...grayish blue.
I felt the restraints of straight line quilting, and really wished FMQ skills were part of my skill set....must remedy that! I think the quilting turned out alright, but this design would have provided a super canvas for someone with free motion skills!

Sending this off to the happy couple this week, with all my love!

linking this finish with
The 2017 Finish Along Q2 linky is open and I am all linked up!
Sooo many gorgeous finishes to see!



1 comment:

Puppilalla said...

That is one beautiful quilt. It turned out quite stunning. =)