Thursday, December 12, 2013

It's Been Cold!

Cold with a capital C!

someone went out in their bare feet!  Brrr!
Last week, about this time we were looking at -37 degrees, hitting the lowest of -45 on Saturday morning!  
Montana was the coldest place in the world those couple of days! Colder than Antarctica!  When do I get a penguin?!
how 'bout the new Pantone color of the year...Radiant Orchid, right outside on a cold day!

While the rest of the household went into hibernation/stoke-the-woodstove mode, I got busy with the sewing machine!

 That's right, I got out my Block of the Month quilt top from 2012!
pinned it
 My first ever BOM, by Jeni Baker at InColorOrder 
quilted it
 (I think it is now in her pattern shop as HST Sampler)
FINISHED it!!

I made an extra block for the back.  I LOVE it!



The Nash, ever helpful!
The finished quilt measures 53" x 67"
I bought the fabrics at an LQS, while back in Indiana, such a treat!
 My three original Fat Quarters were Nancy Halvorsen, the lighter red, green, and blue plaid.  
When I went back for more, I filled in with Renee Nanneman's warm and rich brown, gold, red, blues.
The border, binding and backing are all my favorites from Renee Nanneman



Before I got the sewing machine put away, something else happened, but that is another story for another post, soon :)  So much quilty fun in the cold!

2 comments:

Gina said...

Brrrrr!! Hope it is warming up there...otherwise you might want to look into getting a penguin to have as a mascot :). Your sampler turned out beautiful!! Must feel good to finish that one up!

Carla said...

I. Can't. Even. Imagine. wow!! But I sure like the colors in your quilt...not so sure about that Pantone Color of the Year.