Friday, January 9, 2015

Historical, Quilty Love


My Dad really knows how to shop!

This unexpected gift is priceless in it's union of our interests...
...history and quilting...
...certainly not mutually exclusive.
I can just sense his delight as he explored and shopped, for me!
Yes, there is much to explore in this wonderful world that has caught us up in it!

I may have taken a couple of these pictures with...my nose?!

I especially love this final acknowledgment from the author/curator of the book pictured just above:

"I urge all of you
-including the legions of talented quilt makers who could not be included in this book-
to keep quilting, to keep creating and stretching your talents to produce those masterpiece quilts, baby quilts, wedding quilts, quilts to give away, quilts to sell, and quilts to comfort when broken hearts need mending.  Please continue to grow and to stretch your boundaries."
Karen Patterson Bresenhan

Isn't that nice?
Thank you, Dad!

Have a super, warm weekend, friends!








3 comments:

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

What a super thoughtful and generous Dad you have. Enjoy!

Gina said...

Wow!!! I think he wins the father of the year award!!!!

Carla said...

Someone has your number!! Lovely. And I love the final thoughts about quilting.