Monday, April 25, 2016

Wonky Mini Charm Mini!

I am kind of a sucker when it comes to precuts...charms and mini charms especially.
When Jayne busted out this whimsical dancing charm square quilt I immediately began making plans for some charm packs I have.
Then, in an effortless, spontaneous way, I became a volunteer to test a mini version!
And I got to be on her awesome blog, Twiggy and Opal!!!
With the Wonky Mini Charm quilt!
With Jayne as a guide, I finally took a walk on the wonky side!
She wrote a tutorial for the Wonky Mini Charm that is very user friendly!
I just love all the blues in Zen Chic's Sphere, and I had fun adding a few colors to the background of some of the squares!
I puzzled over the quilting a bit, then went with opposing angles from 2 of the 3 squares per row.
I thought the singular orange asterisk appropriate for the back :)

I chose the vertical layout to go with my other Twiggy and Opal inspired mini, "Cool Jayne", inspired by her "Cool Waters"  quilt.
So now I have "Cool Jayne" and "Wonky Jayne"...a fun pair of minis!
A big Thank You to the "Real Jayne" for so much inspiration and all the fun charm pack playtime :)

Linking up with Beth@Cooking Up Quilts and Main Crush Monday!



3 comments:

LA Paylor said...

I like both those designs. I really enjoy the look of squares, have some precuts I don't know what to do with, and now I have a quick fun starting point for some "mindful" sewing. Thanks! LeeAnna

Jayne said...

Wonky, cool ... maybe I need to come up with a Crazy for your next one Sarah! I love seeing your projects and thank you again for being my tester!!

Allison said...

I'm a big fan of Zen Chic fabric... what a fun mini! I've never really done too much with pre-cuts except for fat quarters. I'm always afaid that I won't have the right project for the right pre-cut, but I'm sure it really cuts down on the prep work on a project.