Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Holding Pattern

I am officially ready to pack up my sewing space and hit the road!
During the down time of several rain days, I was really happy to light upon a plan for my Zen Chic Figures panel, "Seeing Stars"! 
What began as a test for a Moda Bake Shop recipe, that turned into a fail, has finally turned into this quilt top!!! You may read the original dilemma and how I was bailed out by Brigitte Heitland herself in this blog post from December 2014!
Ahh, these large (5") HSTs were so comfortable after teeny tiny fiddling with those mini minis! HSTs really are my happy comfort zone, trimming and all :)
I love the nautical look it takes on from a bit of distance!
I have known for a while that I would incorporate more "panels" to complete this top, but this particular layout and color scheme, along with the extra stars was what all came together for me at last!
I am really pleased to have this one wrapped up as a top and ready to quilt up!
In fact, I should be able to hit the ground east of the Mississippi running, with 4 tops ready to go when I get there!
Until then, as far as sewing goes, I am in a holding pattern...packing it up and getting ready to roll!
Minis, and mini minis, off the wall...
I will spare you any more packing pictures...it is a big transition, and bittersweet!
But long anticipated!
We are excited and happy to be going home! 
Again!

Linking up with Lorna and Let's Bee Social

***We will be splitting our time/residency between East and West for the time being. 
So our "farewell" is not as final as all that :)

8 comments:

~Diana said...

I like this design a lot! Thanks for sharing!

Allison said...

I'm a big proponent of if it's not working, then let it sit until it does... and it looks like it was the best thing for you to do! Great design!

Sounds like some pretty exciting life changes... enjoy the new road!

Karen @runsewfun said...

I love your quilt top design. So worth holding onto the blocks that didn't work years ago.

Lara B. said...

Sarah, I can hardly believe you are packing up! I'm glad the transition will be s gradual one.

The way you spread the stars across the panels in your quilt top is beautiful!

Best wishes with your move!

Lorna McMahon said...

Those are sure some pretty stars and the layout is incredible! I love how you have different background for the sections. This is so pretty! Hope your packing goes smoothly... And your move is a fun adventure!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

With four quilt tops ready - you will have plenty to entice you back into sewing once settled again. I hope the moving and transitions progress well for you all.

CosmopolitanQuilter said...

Love the pile of mini quilts!!!!! SO pretty!

Cheryl said...

Great design!!