After days and days, okay weeks and weeks, of repair, repaint, reflooring of the little house we are living in for the time being...
there were a few items that were essential and could be put off no longer.
Because of the condition of the front room, it has become my first ever official Sewing Room!
No heavy furniture allowed.
So while I am pleased to actually have space and all, it seems, well, quite visible, exposed really., after so long in my former bedroom corner :)
A machine cover, which I have long meant to make was in order!
I found a tutorial at Sew Delicious, and just plugged in my own dimensions and patchwork design :)
I thought it might turn out kind of "flopsy", but I am pleased how it stands up after the quilting :)I tied each corner to fasten the lining, which is more of the osnaburg, which I used on the outside too.
I threw all my potholders away for the move.
So they were actually the first thing I made :)
I used leftover Awesome fabrics, by Sandy Gervais, with a few random charms.
and a "Skillet Handle Holder"...gotta have one of those, always!!!
I am really happy to be easing back into the sewing groove after so much time busy with all the other stuff :)
linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts,