Friday, April 21, 2017

First Finish Q2!

First finish, but actually the last item on my Finish Along Q2 list!

I made a 2-sided cushion with the 2 large hearts from the Rainbow Heart Trio by Twiggy and Opal!
I was lucky enough to be a pattern tester for Jayne back at the end of the year (2016).
As I did with the small heart, I added the simplest of embroidery bits to one side of the pillow.
***Word to the wise: remember to embellish before stitching sides together and stuffing the pillow!!!
(I "unstuffed", but did not "unstitch"...all embroidery done through "the hole", lol!) 
I may have "lost" the larger heart by turning these into a pillow, but I like how the edges match up all around....
...and I think it is a darling little pillow!
Whether you choose to make these all into wall hangings or make multiple blocks for a sweet quilt, or simply turn them into a pillow, like this one, the Rainbow Heart Trio pattern provides a lot of fabric play all packed into one pattern! I highly recommend!

Joining the fun, a day or two late, but better than never at Let's Bee Social over on Sew Fresh Quilts!
And right on time for Finish It up Friday over at Crazy Mom Quilts!
See you there!

The Finish Along Q2 linky is open, and I am all linked up!



3 comments:

Kitty | Night Quilter said...

These are so cute! I love the hand embroidery--nice job stitching in a confined space!! LOL I see what you mean about the larger heart being "lost" when made into a pillow, but I think it's still there, only subtly. They do match up to make a fun pattern on the top. :) Nicely done!

Lorna McMahon said...

The daisy embroidery adds such a sweet touch. This is such an adorable cushion! Puts me in mind of Love and Spring!

grammajudyb said...

Love the gray and aqua and then the pop of the orange/red. Very modern and then the traditional embroidery touch on the other side. Very nice!