Friday, April 13, 2018

Finish Along 2018: Q2 List

In spite of an irregular schedule, with lots of time spent out of town, away from home, I am feeling pretty good about my progress this year!  I finished 3 of 5 projects last quarter, so maybe I can keep that going this quarter too....goodness knows the weather is cooperating, with the cold and snow hanging on like crazy!  So here goes....

1.  Grandma Gertrude's Dresdens 
This is Number 2 of 5 small quilts I am hand quilting, using the 20 blocks made by my maternal Great Grandmother!  

2.  Flynn's Hunter Star
This was on my Q1 list, as just a pattern and fabric pull. I have cut all the fabric and made a few blocks...I really need to get this one done, and it is such fun to use the Indian Summer print as the background with the fresh, earthy solids!

3.  Year of Fabric Quilt
I saw this amazing design on IG and thought it was perfect for my quilt using all the pieces I have acquired since the opening of my local shop, Lewistown's Sew Pieceful!  I have cut many of the fabrics, and made 2 test blocks, but would love to just crank out the HSTs and bring this one together quickly!  I love having such a great way to use all the random fabrics together in one quilt! Watch the progress on IG with the tag #YOFquilt!!!

4.  Sewcial Bee Sampler

All this needs is quilted up and bound! Why not just do it?!

5.  Meadow Mystery Quilt
I would really like to add a creative border of some kind to this one, and would love to have it finished up, eh?!

6.  Seeing Stars
I almost forgot to put this one on the list! And I have backing and batting enough to get this one DONE!


I think that is enough to hope for and work on this quarter!  If I can make some progress on these, there are some other long standing quilt tops I really should dig out and git done already!!
Good luck, all!!!!

To find details on joining in on this motivating Finish Along, go to any one of these amazing hosts!
Many Thanks for all the time and fun you all put into this ongoing linky challenge/event!!!
(I will add all appropriate links when I get home next...I am on the ipad for now!)

3 comments:

Lisa J. said...

Those look like great goals. I have a very similar Meadowmist quilt top that needs to be quilted as well but I'm not planning to get it done right now.

Gina said...

A great list. Good luck with them x

Christine S said...

How did I miss your Dresden’s?! It is beautiful!! It looks just like my yellow one. And now I’m thinking I remember you saying something about yours. So, so pretty :)