Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Q3 Finish Along List!

Here we go!
After a flurry of Q2 finishes that were NOT on any finish along list, I am READY for Q3!

1.  Seeing Stars
Remember this one?  It first appeared on my 2015 Q1 FAL list!
In the last couple days of 2018 Q2, I sat myself down and basted and quilted this baby! 
No, really, I did!
 After which it kindly requested some hand quilting, which is still in progress!
But once that is accomplished to this quilt's satisfaction, there is this binding to finish it off, ready and waiting!  Talk about incentive!

Yep, this will be my first finish of Q3...bet on it if you like!

2.  Flynn's Hunters Star
I have the backing and binding ready and waiting for this one, and if there was an informal self-imposed deadline for this, I have gone past it! So this is #2 in the lineup for Q3!

3.  Year of Fabric Quilt
This has my whole heart!
Inspired by an amazing "Ludlow" quilt by @njcrabtree on Instagram!
I am using all the fabrics randomly acquired over the course of my LQS's first year in business, which was Fall of 2016-2017!  I have included some other fabrics from the year as well, since that was a year we lived in 2 places, moving from southern Indiana, again, back to Montana. So far, 77% of the focal fabrics are from Lewistown's Sew Pieceful.  All the HSTs are made with low volume prints, and the squares are bright white.  It is just waaay too much fun putting these blocks together, and only takes about 15 minutes per, now that all the components are made! Not too worried about finishing this, but it could happen, so onto the list it goes!

4.  Selvedge Color Blocks Quilt
I only lack 2 colors, so this could happen, too!

5.  Sewcial Bee Sampler
This top was finished in 2017, a sew-along with Sharon Holland and Maureen Cracknell, 
made with my Jeni Baker and a few other Art Gallery fabrics.
It would be a fun finish!

6.  True Blue Mini Charm Pillow
Because I may need a smaller diversion sometime in the next 3 months! For quite awhile now this design has languished in my notebook.  I have cut and marked all the background fabric, so again, this could happen!

7.  Dresden Plate
This is the second of 5 quilts I am making from 20 blocks made by my Great Grandmother.
They are not large, and I made a start on the hand quilting last quarter.

8.  Kaffe Fassett Challenge Quilt
The Challenge?  Make a (minimum) 50"x 60" quilt using at least 50% Kaffe fabrics purchased at my LQS, Lewistown's Sew Pieceful, by August 31, to be displayed at the Chokecherry Festival in September.  If there are enough entries, prizes will be awarded to include a Grand Prize, a new Pfaff sewing machine(!), First Prize, a 2 night retreat for 2 at Judith Mountain Lodge(<3), and People's Choice Prize, a $100 gift certificate to LSP!
Kaffe certainly is new territory for me, so I chose one really amazing stripe, and pulled solids for a Disappearing 4 Patch. I feel confident I will get this one done, considering it has a deadline and all!

I suppose that is all for this go round!

 Do you have some WIPs that you need a little nudge to finish?
The Finish Along provides some fun incentive, as every finish from your list at the beginning of the quarter is an entry to some great prizes at the end of each quarter! 
What can you finish in 3 months?
No penalties for not finishing quilts and projects listed, so you have nothing to lose, and some worthwhile finishes to gain! Join us, won't you?
All the info you need is here:  2018 Finish Along


And also, Main Crush Monday! (Hi Beth!!!)
Happy Sewing, friends!

Also, quick side note: I am now selling my pattern(s) on Craftsy! The link is on my sidebar! 





7 comments:

Sandra Walker said...

I have to get my list together for Q3! Yours has so many projects I just love, so good luck in finishing. I hear you on doing stuff hat wasn’t on the list in Q2!

Sarah Goer Quilts said...

I find that I would be much more productive on my FAL list if I didn't start other projects. ;-) You have a lovely variety of projects to work on. I like your selvedge block design.

Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

Oh Sarah, you have so many wonderful projects on your list! I hope you makes LOTS of progress! The hand quilting you are doing on #1 is adding so much character to the quilt. Makes me want to try big stitch hand quilting! :)

Miaismine said...

All of your projects are so pretty - ranging from the modern to more traditional! Your hand quilting is lovely! And that Year of the Fabric is out of this world - so bright and cheerful!

Kate said...

You've got lots of fun quilts on your Q3 list. Good luck with all of them. Your Kaffe Fassett Challenge Quilt is going to be very fun, love the stripe with the solid colors.

Allison said...

I have a tendency to finish quilts that aren't on my list too ; ) that Hunter's Star quilt has really caught my eye... crossing my fingers for your Q3 list finishes!

Marilyn H said...

Thanks greatt blog post