Monday, June 15, 2020

A New PDF Quilt Pattern!

Hello friends!
I am popping in today to announce a NEW pattern!
May I introduce "Color Block Plus"!
I designed this quilt for my niece and her fiancĂ© early this year! 

I was happy to write up the pattern after a few requests over on Instagram!
I made this version using Moda Grunge in "Peacoat" and "White Paper".
The backing is a Tamarack flannel by Robert Kaufman, mmmm!


The contrast and simple design made it an immediate favorite in my house!
Another Color Block Plus for us to keep was inevitable!
 For this version, I used a favorite charcoal paired with a favorite print, from "Outerland", by Erin McMorris.
Also, taking inspiration from one of my pattern testers, Shannon, I improvised from the pattern, making some of the pluses different colors, drawn from the print!
I just love it!

The pattern gives detailed instructions with diagrams for a 60" x 75" generous throw quilt!
I have included a coloring page, along with a page of labels to aid in organizing once you begin cutting and piecing!
The possibilities of color and print options are so fun to explore!  Throw in some texture with Essex linens or shot cottons to take it up even more! Here is a collage of some of the pulls I came up with from my own stash!

I enlisted the help of two wonderful IG quilters to test the pattern and their feedback was indispensable, sharpening the text and clarifying the instructions! 
Check out their beautiful versions over on Instagram
Shannon @auntimontana
Jeanne also has an Etsy shop, Traveling Dye Co., where she makes her hand dyed fabrics available, in bundles of FQs as well as whole cloth pieces of various sizes! She is an amazing artist and friend! Her Color Block Plus is made with her beautiful, vibrant fabrics! The colors just wash over you!

You may purchase the pattern from my Etsy shop, CedarForkStitches,
where it is available for immediate download. I try to minimize your printer ink use by using lighter colors within the pattern. I hope that helps!
I appreciate your support!
 



No comments: