Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Day, New Year

I have never been one to make resolutions for the New Year. I know how lousy I am at keepng track, and keeping them. I don't go about setting myself up for needless failure:) And so I was pleasantly surprised at the effectiveness of linking up with TraceyJay for 3 December Things. Which is not to say that I accomplished what I listed, but I did accomplish!

So, by way of a recap, here is what I had listed:
1. Prepare my "Awesome October" quilt for hand quilting.
I did not even look at this quilt top during December! I seem to operate under this delusion that I will indeed get to a Joann's for a larger selection of colors for the fleece than WalMart's.
2. Assemble one quilt top from my Great Grandmother's dresdens.
I assembled all five quilt tops!
I found that I was short on the sashing fabric, and will have to procure some facsimile to the original for 2 of the tops.
3. Assemble the Block of the Month top.
I have assembled the blocks and sashing. Again, I must get me to a fabric shop to buy borders and backing!

And in addition to those "three things", I made 3 sets of coasters! One set for my Dad, one for my sister, and one for my niece!


So, all in all, a wonderful December's sewing! Thank you Tracey!

No comments: