Tuesday, September 2, 2014

August Highlights

Two words for August:
Fire and Flood !
 But smoke can make for some purty pictures :)





Then it rained...
 and the river rose...
from 3-4 ft to a little over 14 ft!!


the boys always make the most of it!
see what I mean!

neighbors!

 and kept rising!

I don't think we have to worry about fire anymore...
our driveway
I killed this bugger under our front porch!
a prairie rattle snake...thank you Tug, for the warning!
 Everything was a mite bedraggled after 3 days, and 10" of rain!

okay, three words
Fire, Flood and Turkeys...
many turkey broods spent many August days around and about our house!
There was sewing too:)


no storm lasts forever!

Is it crazy  I could not resist the pattern of mud on this window?
I crack me up sometimes! :)

One more month of  this quarter...I better get busy, I've no Finish Along finishes to show for it yet!!!
my happy sunny August faces!

3 comments:

Gina said...

August was an exciting month!! hopefully September is not so eventful and you can get to those finishes! You sure do live in a pretty part of the country!!!

Carla said...

Oh, me, oh my! I don't know which is worse...fire, flood or....snakes!! I'm sure glad that none of the three got in your house!
(Sarah, I am not able to leave comments on your blog when reading them in bloglovin'.)

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

The rain will bring new growth after the fires and lovely clean air. You live in a beautiful land. At first glance I thought the mud on the window was a flock of birds. Seems you will have some wonderful meals of fresh water fish!