Thursday, May 16, 2019

Level Two Tote: Number 3!

My Number 3 Level Two Tote!
Pattern by Krista Hennebury of PoppyPrint!

I missed her birthday in March, the Q1 Finish-A-Long deadline, and Mother's Day, but I will be sending this tote to my Mom for a gathering with my sisters in June! She picked the Rifle Paper Co Amalfi canvas print from among many options I sent her! Great choice, Mom!
For the lining, I chose a coordinating print from Cotton and Steel, she likes blues...
...and tucked it in the zipper pocket, too!
I sourced my black leather locally, but if you look at other examples of this tote, you will find many alternate material options: cork fabric, waxed canvas, etc.
The handle straps were also local, but I just found another option at Tandy Leather online!

As usual, I cannot say enough good things about this pattern!
Krista does an excellent job with text and diagrams to walk even a beginning bag maker through the process! And in doing so, creates the most wonderful confidence, and sense of accomplishment!
Here are the other 2 totes I have made, both within the last 12 months!
This first one, I made for my sister, with fabric from a vest she sent me to use, for what she did not know, but she trusted me to come up with something! I LOVE this one! I used navy webbing for the handles, sewing them directly into the top of the bag.
This next one, I made just for me...business on the outside, party on the inside!
I improvised a recessed zipper in the top of this one...youtube to the rescue!

I just love that crazy Alison Glass Geometric print inside the cool Essex Yarn Dyed Aqua exterior!

 I buy all my metal pocket zippers at Hobby Lobby, for what that may be worth!

Thank you for indulging my Level Two Tote Recap!
I didn't start out with that in mind, but I just couldn't help showing them off again!
I imagine you will see all these again, next time I make one, for surely there will always be a next one!!!!
I have a couple more finishes to share, and some fun projects in the works, one of which involves these pretties from Paint Brush Studios Fabrics...
...so please stay tuned!!!
Until then, Happy Sewing!



1 comment:

Christine S said...

It turned out fantastic also!! She will love it :)
I’ve been loving the prints from Paintbrush lately!