Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Some February Fun!

First of all, I finished up a project I am super excited about!
It is my first submission to a magazine! McCall's Quick Quilts
Check back in June, when I will be able to share this one in full!


Secondly, I assembled my Meadow Mist Designs Mystery Quilt top!
I am loving the versions with extra borders, and I think I will add a couple to mine as well!
During Fall Quilt Market, I was lucky to win this bundle of Front Yard fabric by Sandra Clemons, for Michael Miller.
So many really sweet hues and designs! I made my Get Cozy mini with them...
but wanted to use them in a bigger way, on a design that has been in my notebook awhile now.
So with the finish of the "magazine quilt", I jumped right on this! I had cut the pieces out in January, and didn't want to forget how they all went together by waiting too long! And it is on my FAL list, number 5, I think!

Lastly, I have joined in on the Sewcial Bee Sampler, co-hosted by Sharon Holland and Maureen Cracknell!

I have a small bundle of Jeni Baker's Curiosities, plus a few others that I think are appropriate for this sampler! Jeni's HST BOM, back in 2012, was the first group sewing I ever did, and laid the foundation for the love of HSTs that I obviously still have! It is also remains a fave quilt in my family!
 

 Sew, that is what I have been up to of late!
Joining the fun over at Lorna's Let's Bee Social!
See you there!











3 comments:

Jen said...

Congrats on your magazine quilt! I am just wrapping up a pattern to make my first magazine submission attempt. I am very nervous. :) But, seeing others succeed and have their first patterns published is very encouraging.

Dorian said...

Congratulations on your magazine quilt! How exciting!! Your projects look great.

Christine S said...

Yay for the magazine submission! I'll never get tired of seeing your Get Cozy mini, the colors are so perfect!! :)