Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Hunter Star Quilt

Flynn's Hunter Star!
#2 on my Q3 Finish Along list
I made this quilt for the grandson of arguably the most iconic hunter of my lifetime,
a man of integrity and great humor, an adventurer with whom we could trust our young sons through his articles and videos, Canada's own Jim Shockey!
Flynn is the darling son of Branlin and Ashley Shockey.
I made another quilt this year for Flynn's cousin Leni Bow, daughter of Eva (Shockey) and Tim Brent, Ribbons and Bows, for Moda Bake Shop, you can also see it in this post from February
They are both finally shipped off this month, and what fun it has been having this transitory connection with families we esteem so highly!
For this quilt, I paired bright and earthy solids with the low volume "Menagerie" print from Indian Summer by Sarah Watson!
A simple backing of polar fleece and a Kona Biscuit binding, and this 50" x 54" quilt is all ready for snuggles!

I hope they love it!
Linking up with Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts and Let's Bee Social!

2 comments:

time4stitchn said...

How could anyone not love this quilt! I love the design: so bright and colorful. YOur pinwheels make it so eye catching. Lovely finish!

Sew of Course said...

What a wonderful quilt, surely it will get loved to bits! Thank you for participating in the Finish-A-Long, on behalf of all the hosts!