Monday, August 13, 2018

Lady of the Lake Pillow

Number 6 on my Q3 Finish Along list!
Kind of a long shot, but I got 'er done!
Lady of the Lake pillow!
I used 2 Moda "candy packs" of True Blue, by Zen Chic, plus an Art Gallery print for the focal fabric in the four quadrants.
56 mini charms= 112 HSTs for this cushion that finished at 18"!
Using the "chained rows" or "web" method, I was able to piece the sections and keep it all in order as I assembled it!
It is quilted pretty heavily, using my walking foot as a guide to either side of the diagonal seams. 
I also decided to make this a 2-sided or reversible pillow by using a wonderful Coastline fabric, acquired recently from Needle and Foot!  I quilted this side with a simple 1 1/2" grid, on the diagonal.

I also added a zipper to this pillow cover, a new-to-me technique, following this recent tutorial on Suzy Quilts blog.

All in all, very pleased with how this turned out! It gets to live on my bed, not for general household use on the sofa!
Thanks for stopping by!
 I have several more fun finishes to share, so "stay tuned"!
(Wow! is that little saying obsolete these days?!)
Linking up with Beth and Main Crush Monday, over at Cooking Up Quilts

2 comments:

chrisknits said...

What a lovely pillow! I wouldn't put it out for anyone to use either, it's just too perfect!

Ella said...

The quilting is perfect with the design! Congrats on the finish, and, on behalf of the FAL crew, thank you for joining in!