Wednesday, October 17, 2018

2018 Q4 Finish Along List

Q4? What, already?!
Ready or not, here is my list of WIPs that I hope to finish this quarter!
I had a very good Q3, so I am pulling out a few of my oldest UFOs this quarter.
Putting them on the list renews my interest in them in a way that just knowing they are there does not!  Let's see how it goes!

1.  Scrappy Vortex
I am inspired to dig this out after Preeti's recent wonderful scrappy finish!
I may have made this as far back as 2014?



2. Front Yard Bundle Quilt
I love this design, but think it needs a bit more something to finish it up, which is why it has languished.  I used a bundle of Front Yard by Sandra Clemons that I won during Fall Market in 2016?

  
3.  Year of Fabric Quilt
A current darling!

4.  Tucker Prairie Medallion
This one has taken off rather suddenly, and I expect I will keep plugging away til it is completed!
I think this one may end up on our bed!
It will also be the third, and likely the last quilt made from the FQ bundle of  my beloved Tucker Prairie by 1Canoe2.


5.  Simply Flying
Outside chance with this one, but sometimes the spurts are sustained and a finish just may happen!
 Flying Geese made with Denyse Schmidt fabrics.

6.  The Sewcial Bee Sampler
This was a 2017 sew along with Sharon Holland and Maureen Cracknell.
I used my beloved Jeni Baker fabrics for the blocks and a Moda crossweave for the sashing.
 I picked up some yardage for the backing last week from my LQS, on sale, aaand it also gave me a great idea for how to quilt it!
Eh?  See what I mean?
The fabric is "Underground Blues" by Designs by jb, for Troy Corporation, part of the "Riverwoods Collection".  I thought the neutral gray/green with the blue stripe would compliment the colors on the front very nicely.  It is actually quite a bit lighter than the photo shows.

7.  Selvedge Color Block
Just carrying this one over because when it finally happens, it will happen fast, and this just could be the quarter!!! :)

8. "B is for Brenna"
A mini, in black with a pop of green for an IG friend, who is decorating a nursery!
You may see the inspiration original here on IG.  It is "b is for blue" by @ml_wilkie and is a featured pattern in the Minimalism issue of Curated Quilts.

I think 8 is enough!
Happy Finishing, friends!!!!
Of course, I am linking up with the Q4 linky party for the 2018 Finish Along!!!
The link up is open through the 18th of October!

2 comments:

DawnyK said...

Lovely projects, looking forward to your finishes!!!

Preeti said...

Sew Much Eye Candy!!! Love all the bright projects but the Scrap Vortex is my favorite. You got lots on your plate. Get busy, girl friend :-)